Treasurer José Cisneros announces the release of report showing student loan debt has tripled in the Bay Area.
Monday, April 22, 2019 - Treasurer José Cisneros announced today the release of At What Cost? Student Loan Debt in the Bay Area, a report that provides an in-depth look at student loan borrowing and repayment..
Treasurer José Cisneros announces the release of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force Report.
Friday, March 22, 2019 - Treasurer José Cisneros announced today the release of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force Report, the first report of its kind to provide detailed analysis of..
Mayor London Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros Announce Steps to Assist Furloughed Federal Workers.
January 25, 2019 - Mayor London N. Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros today announced a program to provide assistance to federal employees who are furloughed or working without pay due to..
- November 7, 2018 - Statement from San Francisco Treasurer José Cisneros on the implementation of new taxes passed by the voters in the November 6th, 2018 election
- October 23, 2018 - Office of Financial Empowerment Awarded $150,000 from The Workers Lab Innovation Fund to design and pilot a workers fund at the San Francisco International Airport
- May 22, 2018 - San Francisco to be the first county in the nation to eliminate all locally controlled fees assessed from people exiting the criminal justice system
- January 31, 2018 - Treasurer announces the members of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force
- October 31, 2017 - Statement from Treasurer Cisneros Regarding Comments from Dianne Feinstein
- October 5, 2017 - Treasurer announces $80 million 'Safe, Sound and Local' investment opportunity
- August 31, 2017 - Treasurer provides a status update to the Board of Supervisors re: Wells Fargo
- June 20, 2017 - Treasurer joins EARN to launch SaverLIfe campaign
- May 17, 2017 - Treasurer José Cisneros and Supervisor Jane Kim Advance First in the Nation Effort to Alleviate the Inequitable Burden of Fines and Fees on Low Income Communities and People of Color
- April 28, 2017 - Mayor Lee and Treasurer José Cisneros on Wells Fargo Targeting Immigrant Communities
- February 28, 2017 - Statement from Treasurer José Cisneros about Divestment From Banks Financing the Dakota Access Pipeline
- February 17, 2017 - Announcing leadership changes in the Office of the Treasurer
- September 23, 2016 - Treasurer José Cisneros Announces Resources for San Francisco Consumers Affected by the Wells Fargo Consent Decree
- September 9, 2016 - Statement on $185M Fine Levied Against Wells Fargo
- June 23, 2016 - Treasurer and City Attorney File Petition to Enforce Subpoena Against Homeaway.com
- June 7, 2016 - Extending Deadline for Drivers of Transportation Network Companies to Register Without Penalty
- April 15, 2016 - Urging Independent Contractors Working in San Francisco to Comply with Business Registration Requirements
- March 2, 2016 - Launch of Online Business Registration
- May 28, 2015 - June 1st Business Registration Renewal Deadline
- May 5, 2015 - Kindergarten to College Families Reach $1 million in Savings; Program named Finalist in Harvard Innovation Awards
- February 18, 2015 - Response re: Airbnb Statement of Taxes Paid
- February 13, 2015 - Treasurer and Mayor Launch of Gross Receipts Tax Online Application
- October 24, 2014 - 5th Annual Financial Planning Day
- October 21, 2014 - Treasurer's Statement on Transient Occupancy Taxes
- June 24, 2014 - District 10 Financial Empowerment Program
- May 22, 2014 - Kindergarten to College
- April 17, 2014 - Business Tax Outreach Campaign