Use our forms center to download many of the forms, worksheets and instructions issued by the Treasurer and Tax Collector. Unless otherwise specified, the downloaded forms are considered official documents and can be mailed or faxed to our office. All downloadable forms are available in one or more of the following formats:
Adobe Acrobat (PDF) | HTML | Microsoft Excel
Business Registration, Applications, and Information
- Business Registration Application (pdf)
- Understanding Business Registration (pdf) (Use this information sheet to determine your Registration Fees)
- Declaration of Exemption (pdf) (Exempt entities must provide proof of exemption and a completed Business Registration Certificate application when submitting the Declaration of Exemption.)
- Business Account Update
- Declaration of Closed Business or Change in Ownership (pdf)
(Use this form to inactivate an account that is no longer conducting business in San Francisco or that has changed owners or entity type. 2014 Payroll Expense Tax and Gross Receipts Tax Short Period Return for Taxpayers Ceasing Business must be filed for the year in which business ceased in San Francisco if the taxable payroll expense for the reporting tax year is greater than $150,000, or taxable gross receipts for the reporting tax year is greater than $500,000. 2014 Payroll Expense Tax and Gross Receipts Tax Short Period Return should be filed with the Declaration of Closed Business form.)
2014 Payroll Expense Tax and Gross Receipts Tax Information
For more information, please go to Gross Receipts Tax Information.
2014 - 2015 Business Registration Renewal
Business Registration Renewal fees are due on or before May 31 annually.
The Business Registration eFiling for 2014 - 2015 will be available soon.
Additional Forms and Information
- Find your NAICS code
- Duplicate Registration Certificate Affidavit (pdf)
- Request for Business Tax Refund
- Request for Information - Basic (pdf)
- Request for Information - Complex (pdf)
- Business Wire Transfer (pdf)
- Power of Attorney Declaration – Form POA-1 (pdf)
- Authorization To Be Included In Combined Filings – Form POA-2 (pdf)
Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee
To request a copy of a Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee form, please call (415) 554-7833.
- TOT, TID, and MED Filing
- TOT Exemption Forms.pdf
- Certificate of Authority to Collect TOT Application and Instructions (pdf)
- TID Assessment Request for Refund Form (pdf)
- TID Request for Waiver Form (pdf)
- 2014 Certificate of Authority (COA) to Collect Parking Taxes – Initial Application (pdf)
- 2014 Certificate of Authority (COA) to Collect Parking Taxes – Renewal Application (pdf)
- 2014 Certificate of Authority (COA) to Collect Parking Taxes – Instructions
- 2014 Parking Tax Reduced Bond – Application (pdf)
- Parking Tax Return
Access Line Tax and Utility Users Tax Forms
Tax Credits and Exclusions
If you conduct business in San Francisco, or plan to, you may be eligible for valuable tax credits or exclusions.
- Declaration in Support of the Central Market and Tenderloin Area Exclusion (pdf)
- Affidavit Claiming Payroll Expense Tax Exclusion for Stock Based Compensation (pdf)
Please note: The Enterprise Zone Tax Credit are no longer available for workers hired on or after 1/1/2014 (or for workers hired before 1/1/2014 who are not vouchered by 12/31/2014).
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit Guide (pdf)
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit Instructions (pdf)
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit Worksheet (xlsx)
For more information please visit the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) website at www.oewd.org/Business-Assistance-Tax-Credits.aspx or contact OEWD at (415) 554-6130 or via email at Enterprise.Zone@sfgov.org.