• Site Guide
  • Font Size
  • Get Viewers
  • HelpListen Now
  • Text Only

User menu

Doing Business in San Francisco


Need Further Assistance?

Submit your question by clicking on the link below. A Representative will contact you on the SAME DAY of the request if submitted prior to 7pm. Requests received after 7pm will receive a response by the next business day.

Business Tax and Registration

Short-term Residential Rental Host

Regulatory License

Unsecured Personal Property Tax

General Inquiries


The San Francisco Business Portal is the City’s primary online business resource. With comprehensive information and tailored tools, the Portal helps you easily navigate the steps to startmanage, and grow a business, quickly learn what it takes to be compliant, and obtain resources along the way.

Registering a Business

Business Resource Center

Update your account and use our forms center to download many of the forms, worksheets and instructions issued by the Treasurer and Tax Collector.

Filing and Payment Center

Access the online filing and payment links for Business Taxes, Fees and Licenses including wire instructions.

Business Registration Renewal

Gross Receipts & Payroll Expense


Parking Tax

Transit Occupancy Tax (TOT), TID, MED

Access Line Tax, Telephone Users Tax and Utility Users Tax

Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee 

  • To request a copy of a Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee form, please call 415-554-7833 
  • For information on the Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee, click here.

Customer Service  


Back to Top