Personal Identification Number (PIN) Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SAN FRANCISCO TAX FILING:
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN)
All users are required to enter a valid PIN in addition to their Business Account Number and the last four digits of their business tax identification number to access online applications for the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector. These online applications include:
- Business Tax Payment Portal
- Gross Receipts Tax & Payroll Expense Tax Annual Filing
- Transient Occupancy Tax, Tourism Improvement District and Moscone Expansion District
The PIN for online applications was sent in a letter from our office to the mailing address on record for your business. It is important to keep your PIN private and only share it with your tax professional filing your return.
IF YOU LOSE OR MISPLACE YOUR PIN:
- Complete and sign a PIN Reset Form.
- For fastest response, email the completed and signed PIN Reset Form to TaxPinReset@sfgov.org. You may also mail the completed and signed PIN Reset Form to the Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector, PO Box 7425, San Francisco, CA 94120-7425 or drop off the completed form to City Hall, Room 140.
After your request has been reviewed and approved, a new PIN will be sent to you via US Mail. To protect taxpayer confidentiality, the PIN will only be sent to the existing mailing address the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector has on record.
You will be unable to file any taxes without your new PIN. If you do not file by the deadline, you will be subject to penalties, interest and fees. You will not be able to reset your PIN over the phone or in person.