Treasurer & Tax Collector’s Office (TTX), Banking Services Unit is the primary contact for all City department treasury services. The unit provides services, such as cash management, armored car, remote and vault deposits, lockbox services, and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
Banking Service Request
The Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector (Office) is now providing banking services to other City departments through this online form. Upon submission of your request, you will receive an e-mail with a banking service request number. This will serve as a unique identifying number for your request in any future communications. A member of our staff will respond to your request within 3 business days from the time of submission. Please complete the below steps to complete your banking service request.
Instructions for submitting a Banking Service Request
This service request feature is intended for internal use by City and County of San Francisco departments and staff only. We are unable to assist with any service requests originating from other sources. If you have a specific issue, please contact the appropriate government agency (e.g., Police, Fire, Sheriff) directly for assistance.
|Step 1.||Select the link at the bottom of this page to access the form.|
|Step 2.||Fill in your name and contact information.|
|Step 3.||Select your Department from the drop-down list, if you do not see your department, select "Other"|
|Step 4.||Select the Category from the drop-down list associated to your request, these categories are bolded in the list below.|
|Step 5.||Based on your Category selection, additional Sub-category options will appear in the Sub-category drop-down list. An overview is provided below of available selections. If you do not see your desired service, select "Misc/Other - Other"|
|Step 6.||In the Description box, please provide as much detail as you can regarding your request.|
Bank Account Management: Open Account, Update a Signatory, Update Contacts, Close Account
Banking Services: Armored Car Service, Lockbox, Request for Remote Deposit, Remote Deposit – Terminal Request, Request Change/Currency Order
Supplies/Orders: Deposit Slips, Deposit Bags, Deposit Stamps, Checks, Currency Straps
Online Banking Access: Bank of America – CashPro, CityBase – Online Transaction Center, CardConnect, U.S. Bank - Single Point, Bank of America Merchant Services (BAMS) - Client Line, Bottom Line – Paymode, Password Reset/Unlock Account, American Express - OMS Portal
Credit Card Services: Credit Card Acceptance – Initial, Credit Card Acceptance – Close, Prepaid Credit Card - Order/Request, PCI Compliance, Terminal Device Requests – Initial, Terminal Device Service/Replacement
Wires/ACH: Wire Returns, ACH Returns, ACH Filters
Accounting: Forgery Claim, General Accounting Inquiry
Misc/Other: Vault/Safekeeping, Other
The Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector is now utilizing an online wire request form for use by other City departments. All new wire or ACH requests must be completed using the new electronic form found below. The form utilizes DocuSign to create a simple workflow which allows users to fill out and sign the form, route it for signature from the authorized department approver and deliver the completed form to the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector all in a few simple steps. To begin a new wire/ACH request, click the Wire/ACH Request Form link below.
Instructions for submitting Wire/ACH Request
|Step 1.||To begin a new wire/ACH request, click the Wire/ACH Request Form link below and enter each signer’s name and email in their respective fields displayed on the screen. It is important that this information is entered accurately to ensure the request is delivered to the required approver.|
|Step 2.||After the information has been entered and verified, select the Begin Signing button to be taken to the online wire form.|
|Step 3.||Once in the form, complete all required fields which are outlined in red, any items outlined in grey are optional and can be left blank.|
|Step 4.||At the end of the form, upload pertinent documents supporting wire/ACH payment instruction (i.e. beneficiary payment instruction, bank account details, invoice, any legal documentation reflecting payment instruction, etc.) A maximum of three (3) attachments, at 20MB each, can be uploaded.|
|Step 5.||When all required fields are complete and supporting documents have been uploaded, finalize the document by digitally signing with DocuSign. Please note that no changes can be made to the document once it has been submitted. An email will automatically be sent to the authorized department approver designated at the initiation of the form.|
|Step 6.||Upon receipt of the email, the authorized approver can then open the form, review it for accuracy and then digitally sign to complete the request.|
|Step 7.||Once signed by the authorized approver, a pdf copy of the completed form will be sent to all parties including the TTX Banking team who will process your wire/ACH request.|
All Wire/ACH payments need to be entered and approved on F$P, the City’s ERP system, before submission for processing. A voucher number is required for any wire to be released.
Please note that all issues related to existing wire requests should be handled through the Banking Service Request Form found under the banking services request section of this page.
The Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector provides multiple banking services to City departments. Please use our online form to submit a banking service request.
- Manages the banking relationships for the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) and its 200+ bank accounts.
- Manages and implements Treasury services for City departments, such as: opening and closing bank and merchant accounts, other depository services, such as lockbox, remote deposits, etc., credit card terminals for walk-ins and online transactions, fraud prevention tools/products, users access and profiles set up for on online portals, and manage orders for deposit supplies and armored carrier services.
- Assists in bank/credit card/merchant transaction issues, such as returns, deposit adjustments, wires and all types of disbursement inquiries, unidentified wire receipts, changes in bank account structure, bank requirements, credit card settlements and other cash management inquiries.
- Administer fraud claims for all City disbursement accounts.
- Maintains wiring instructions and bank account information for all CIty departments.
- Monitors and reviews citywide bank fees and merchant charges.
- Issues RFPs for Treasury and cash management services.
- Negotiates financial contracts and coordinate implementation of new products and services.
- Oversees the Citywide Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance surrounding the acceptance and processing of credit and debit cards transactions.
- Provides safekeeping function for various departments.
- Fulfills Electronic Funds Transfer (EFTs) requests from all City departments.
The purpose of the Banking Policy is to provide guidelines to City departments in matters relating to the overall management and processing of receipts throughout the City.
Banking Policy (pdf)
Electronic Payments and PCI Compliance
All City departments are required to comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards. Departments or agencies interested in processing credit/debit transactions must:
- Be a merchant department;
- Be issued a merchant account through Banking Services Unit;
- Use the merchant service provider(s) contracted by TTX; and
- Follow the PCI Policy and Procedure for CCSF.
Departments interested in opening a merchant account must have that account authorized by Banking Services Unit. Please use our online form and submit a banking service request for assistance.
- Credit Card Acceptance Guidelines (under construction)
- Service Fees