Secured Escape Installment Plan
Per section 4837.5 of the Revenue and Taxation code provides that Secured Escape assessments for prior fiscal years can be set up on a payment installment plan. An Escape Installment Plan allows taxpayers to make annual installment payments over a four-year period if the following conditions are met:
- The total Escape tax due excluding delinquent penalties is over five hundred dollars ($500)
- The plan is initiated in writing no later than April 10th or by the last day of the following month in which the tax bill is mailed, whichever is later
- A payment of at least 20% of the total tax excluding delinquent penalties plus a $50 installment plan fee per parcel is remitted
To maintain an escape payment plan in good standing:
- Make a yearly payment of 20% of the total tax by April 10th, no penalties or interest shall be charged as long as installment payments are made timely.Installment payments are accepted in the form of a check sent by mail or check/cash in person.
- Continue to pay your regular annual property tax bill, and any secured Supplemental, and/or secured Escape bills in full by the due date of the second installment
The installment plan will default if an annual payment is not made by April l0th or if any additional tax amounts or types become delinquent. If the plan defaults, the balance due will have penalties applied in the same manner as all other delinquent taxes, and is immediately due and payable in full. No further installment payments will be accepted
Complete and submit the Installment Plan for Secured Escape Bills agreement.
If you have questions or need further assistance, submit a service request. Please note: taxpayers who come to City Hall, Room 140 for in-person assistance or call “3-1-1” (415-701-2311 from outside the 415 area code) may experience long wait/hold times.