Business Account Update
Click the “I Understand” button below to enter the Account Update application
The Account Update application allows you to view, correct and update information that the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector (Office) has on file for your business and/or license account. The Office uses this information for all official communication about your business taxes, licenses and fees. Business Information may be shared with other departments in the City and County of San Francisco, including, but not limited to the following departments: Office of the Assessor & Recorder; Department of Public Health; Fire and Police Departments; Entertainment Commission and Office of Short Term Rental. Certain data will be available on www.datasf.org that is public and not confidential. Taxpayer confidential data will not be available on the website.
The following actions can be taken in this application:
The Office stores a single contact per account. It is your responsibility to keep this information current. Taxpayers and license holders will be liable for any tax, fee or license obligation even if the contact information is not current. All official documents will be sent to this address, including all bills, tax notifications and certificate/permits. You can update the following:
- Mailing Address
- Telephone number
- Email Address
Locations are the specific sites where business is conducted. Every location and every Trade Name/DBA in San Francisco should be listed.
- View the details of any location including Trade Name/DBA, address and any associated licenses and business activities.
- Change Trade Name/DBA if there is NO change in use, occupancy, operation, or ownership. If changes other than the Trade Name/DBA are occurring, then a new location must be added and original location closed. For regulatory permit holders, the permitting agency will review and determine if a transfer is appropriate.
- Add a new location which includes reporting a location move or the addition of a new physical location.
- Close a location if the business location is no longer operating under the reported Trade Name/DBA or address. Note: if you are closing your entire business, use the Business Closure function.
Operations will no longer be allowed once the business is closed. Ceasing operations will stop all mail and inactivate the business including all associated licenses.
- Access to this Account Update and some electronic tax filing applications will no longer be permitted.
- No further notifications and reminders will be sent unless you have outstanding financial obligations. Your balances owed will be moved to the Bureau of Delinquent Revenue for continued enforcement.
- Business licenses will not be renewed.
- Continuation of operations after this declaration is submitted may lead to legal action.
- Click the “I Understand” button below to enter the Account Update application
- You will need your seven (7) digit Business Account Number (BAN) and last four (4) of your Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN or SSN)
- Once you have submitted your change, you will be directed to DocuSign to confirm and authorize the change to your account
Please note: each Contact Information, Location or Business Closure update will result in a separate DocuSign experience.
DocuSign supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+, Windows EDGE and current versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. If you choose to use a browser other than the ones listed, your experience may not be optimal or secure. Please check and/or update your browser.