The Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector collects business taxes and fees for various licenses and permits that are required by the San Francisco Business and Tax Regulations Code. We publish data about businesses operating in San Francisco here. To view revenue collection data, click here.
Manage Your Business Account
The Account Update application allows you to view, correct and update information that the Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector (Office) has on file for your business and/or license account. The Office uses this information for all official communication about your business taxes, licenses and fees. Business Information may be shared with other departments in the City and County of San Francisco, including, but not limited to the following departments: Office of the Assessor & Recorder; Department of Public Health; Fire and Police Departments; Entertainment Commission and Office of Short Term Rental. Certain data will be available on www.datasf.org that is public and not confidential. Taxpayer confidential data will not be available on the website.
Use the online Account Update application to:
- Update contact information
- Add or close a business location
- Close the business
You will need your seven (7) digit Business Account Number (BAN) and last four (4) of your Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN or SSN). Once you have submitted your change, you will be directed to DocuSign to confirm and authorize the change to your account. (Each contact information, location or business closure update will result in a separate DocuSign experience).
Add or Remove Business Tax and Fee
Use this form to Add or Remove a San Francisco Business Tax or Fee for your location.
Personal Identification Number (PIN) Reset
All users are required to enter a valid PIN in addition to their Business Account Number (BAN) and last four digits of business tax identification number to access online applications.
If you lost or misplaced your PIN, complete and submit a PIN Reset form. After your request has been approved, a new PIN will be mailed to the mailing address on file. You will be unable to file any taxes without your PIN. If you do not file by the delinquency date, you will be subject to penalties, interest, and fees. Phone PIN reset requests are not accepted. In-person requests are accepted by sole proprietorships only. All others, PIN reset will be mailed to the mailing address on file.
Penalty Waiver / Refund Request
Taxpayers may request for a:
- Penalty waiver if there was reasonable cause and circumstances beyond the taxpayer's control.
- Refund of an amount overpaid for any business tax, fee, penalty, or interest. Complete and submit the Request for Business Tax or Fee Refund Form with supporting documentation. Every effort will be made to process your request sooner, however please allow up to 6 months from the date you filed your request for processing of your refund.
More Taxes and Fees
- Commercial Rents Tax
- Regulatory Licenses and Permits (DPH, SFPD, SFFD, ACC, Entertainment Commission)
- Transient Occupancy
- Small Operator: Residential Host or Parking Operator
- Sugary Drinks
- Cigarette Litter Abatement Fee
- Access Line, Telephone Users, Utility Users
- Stadium Operator
- Emergency Alarm and False Alarm
|Need Further Assistance?|
|Submit a service request. A Representative will contact you on the SAME DAY of the request if submitted prior to 7:00 pm. Requests received after 7:00 pm will receive a response by the next business day.|