Do you owe child support?

backpackMany parents with low incomes are required to pay back public assistance through their child support payments. If you owe child support debt, you may be eligible to reduce your public assistance payback debt by enrolling in the COAP – Compromise of Arrears Program. To find more information, please visit To learn if you’re eligible and to apply for the program, please call San Francisco’s COAP coordinator at (415) 356-2871.