San Francisco Treasurer José Cisneros and Board President Yee Announce May 15 Property Tax Deadline
San Francisco Treasurer José Cisneros and Board of Supervisors President Norman Yee announced the new deadline for property tax payments will be May 15, 2020 pending approval by the Board of Supervisors at its next meeting on Tuesday, May 5. With the Board of Supervisors approval, this will be the final property tax deadline with no further deferrals. The 2019/2020 2nd installment property tax deadline has been deferred from the original date of April 10 to alleviate the growing financial burdens on San Francisco taxpayers due to COVID-19.
Mayor London Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros Announce New Measures to Support Businesses in Response to COVID-19
Mayor London N. Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros today announced new measures to support San Francisco businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. These efforts include deferring collection of the Business Registration Fee for four months and further deferring collection of Unified License Fees. Unified License Fees include charges from City departments to restaurants and food businesses, bars, convenience stores, many small retailers, hotels, tour operators, and other businesses. The previously announced deferral on business taxes for small businesses and additional supports for small businesses remain in place.
Roundup of San Francisco Actions to Alleviate the Burden of Government Fines, Fees and Collections During the COVID-19 Crisis
In response to the COVID-19 health crisis, many City and County of San Francisco departments are acting to alleviate the impact of fines, fees, and collections on low-income residents hardest hit by this crisis. Departments are taking these steps to stem the harms of the public health and economic crisis and ensure that fines and fees are not an additional barrier to people’s basic needs throughout this emergency. The Financial Justice Project compiled a roundup of actions departments and the courts are taking in response to the crisis to alleviate the burden of fines, fees, financial penalties, and collections. This list may grow in the coming weeks. We will continue to update it. See the roundup of fine and fee actions here
Mayor London Breed and Board President Norman Yee Appoint Treasurer Cisneros to COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force
Task Force will create an economic recovery strategy to support San Francisco businesses, nonprofits, community organizations, and individuals during and after the COVID-19 crisis
Treasurer José Cisneros announces the release of report showing student loan debt has tripled in the Bay Area.
Monday, April 22, 2019 - Treasurer José Cisneros announced today the release of At What Cost? Student Loan Debt in the Bay Area, a report that provides an in-depth look at student loan borrowing and repayment..
Treasurer José Cisneros announces the release of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force Report.
Friday, March 22, 2019 - Treasurer José Cisneros announced today the release of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force Report, the first report of its kind to provide detailed analysis of..
Mayor London Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros Announce Steps to Assist Furloughed Federal Workers.
January 25, 2019 - Mayor London N. Breed and Treasurer José Cisneros today announced a program to provide assistance to federal employees who are furloughed or working without pay due to..
- November 7, 2018 - Statement from San Francisco Treasurer José Cisneros on the implementation of new taxes passed by the voters in the November 6th, 2018 election
- October 23, 2018 - Office of Financial Empowerment Awarded $150,000 from The Workers Lab Innovation Fund to design and pilot a workers fund at the San Francisco International Airport
- May 22, 2018 - San Francisco to be the first county in the nation to eliminate all locally controlled fees assessed from people exiting the criminal justice system
- January 31, 2018 - Treasurer announces the members of the Municipal Bank Feasibility Task Force
- October 31, 2017 - Statement from Treasurer Cisneros Regarding Comments from Dianne Feinstein
- October 5, 2017 - Treasurer announces $80 million 'Safe, Sound and Local' investment opportunity
- August 31, 2017 - Treasurer provides a status update to the Board of Supervisors re: Wells Fargo
- June 20, 2017 - Treasurer joins EARN to launch SaverLIfe campaign
- May 17, 2017 - Treasurer José Cisneros and Supervisor Jane Kim Advance First in the Nation Effort to Alleviate the Inequitable Burden of Fines and Fees on Low Income Communities and People of Color
- April 28, 2017 - Mayor Lee and Treasurer José Cisneros on Wells Fargo Targeting Immigrant Communities
- February 28, 2017 - Statement from Treasurer José Cisneros about Divestment From Banks Financing the Dakota Access Pipeline
- February 17, 2017 - Announcing leadership changes in the Office of the Treasurer
- September 23, 2016 - Treasurer José Cisneros Announces Resources for San Francisco Consumers Affected by the Wells Fargo Consent Decree
- September 9, 2016 - Statement on $185M Fine Levied Against Wells Fargo
- June 23, 2016 - Treasurer and City Attorney File Petition to Enforce Subpoena Against Homeaway.com
- June 7, 2016 - Extending Deadline for Drivers of Transportation Network Companies to Register Without Penalty
- April 15, 2016 - Urging Independent Contractors Working in San Francisco to Comply with Business Registration Requirements
- March 2, 2016 - Launch of Online Business Registration
- May 28, 2015 - June 1st Business Registration Renewal Deadline
- May 5, 2015 - Kindergarten to College Families Reach $1 million in Savings; Program named Finalist in Harvard Innovation Awards
- February 18, 2015 - Response re: Airbnb Statement of Taxes Paid
- February 13, 2015 - Treasurer and Mayor Launch of Gross Receipts Tax Online Application
- October 24, 2014 - 5th Annual Financial Planning Day
- October 21, 2014 - Treasurer's Statement on Transient Occupancy Taxes
- June 24, 2014 - District 10 Financial Empowerment Program
- May 22, 2014 - Kindergarten to College
- April 17, 2014 - Business Tax Outreach Campaign